This Private Policy has been made available by Rally Rockets Brand (the "Rally Rockets") to provide our policies and procedures regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information through www.rallyrockets.com (the "Site"), and any other websites, features, applications, widgets or online services owned or controlled by Rally Rockets (together with the Site, the "Service"), as well as any information Rally Rockets collects offline in connection with the Service.
Note that we combine the information we collect from you from the Site, through the Service generally, or offline.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
Users of the Service may be Clients, Freelancers, or Agencies (as each is defined in the User Agreement).
Information You Provide to Us
When you use the Service, you may provide us with information about you. This may include your name and contact information, financial information to make or receive payment for services obtained through the Rally Rockets platform, or information to help us fill out tax forms. When you use the Service, we may also collect information related to your use of the Service and aggregate this with information about other users. This helps us improve our Services for you.
- Personal Information: In the course of using the Service (whether as a Client or Freelancer or Agency), we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information"). Examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, company address, billing address, and phone number.
- Payment Information: If you use the Service to make or receive payments, we will also collect certain payment information, such as credit card or other financial account information, and billing address.
- Identity Verification: We may collect Personal Information, such as your date of birth or taxpayer identification number, to validate your identity or as may be required by law, such as to complete tax filings. We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or photo or a billing statement.
- General Audience Service: The Service is general audience and intended for users 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone younger than age 18. If we become aware that a child younger than 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child younger than age 18 and believe that Rally Rockets has collected Personal Information from your child, please contact us at email@example.com.
You do not have a statutory obligation to provide us with any information. Still, you may have a contractual obligation to do so, and if we do not receive specific information from you, then we will not be able to provide our Service to you. If you have any questions regarding whether the provision of information is mandatory and the consequences for withholding such information, please contact us using the contact information below.
Information Received from Third Parties
Information Collected Automatically
Like other online companies, we receive technical information when you use our Services. We use these technologies to analyze how people use the Service, to improve how our Site functions, to save your login information for future sessions, and to serve you with advertisements that may interest you.
We and our third-party service providers, including analytics and third-party content providers, may automatically collect certain information from you whenever you access or interact with the Service. This information may include the browser and operating system being used, the URL or ad that referred you to the Service, the search terms that led you to the Service, areas within the Service that you visited, which links you clicked on, which pages or content you viewed and for how long. As well as, other similar information and statistics about your interactions, such as content response times, download errors and length of visits to certain pages and additional information commonly shared when browsers communicate with websites. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve the services we offer you and to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
The information we collect also includes the Internet Protocol ("IP") address or other unique device identifiers ("Device Identifier") for any device (computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.) used to access the Service. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned or connected to the device you use to access the Service, and our servers identify your device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third-party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the device used to access the Service.
- Web Beacons: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as "web beacons" and/or "tracking tags" to help us keep track of what content on our Service is effective and to serve relevant advertising to you. Web beacons are small graphics with a unique identifier that may be invisible to you, and which are used to track the online activity of Internet users. Web beacons are embedded in the web pages you review or email messages you receive. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Service, to monitor how Rally Rockets Users navigate the Service, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened, or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as an Embedded Script. An Embedded Script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Service.
In addition, we and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may use a variety of other technologies (such as tags) that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes and we may use third parties to perform these services on our behalf.
Do Not Track Signals
Rally Rockets does not respond to Do-Not-Track signals.
Please note that your browser setting may allow you to automatically transmit a "Do Not Track" signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what "Do Not Track" means in this context. Like many websites and online services, Rally Rockets does not alter its practices when it receives a "Do Not Track" signal from a visitor's browser. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
The General Data Protection Regulation: Data Processing Agreement
This section applies solely to individuals in the EU (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and, where applicable, Switzerland).
Data Controller: Rally Rockets' is the data controller for processing your Personal Information. The data controller is responsible for deciding how Personal Information about you is used.
Your Rights: Subject to applicable EU law, you have the following rights concerning your Personal Information:
- Right of access. If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Information along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification. If your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Information with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure. You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information, such as where you withdraw your consent. If we shared your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information with so you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing. You may ask us to restrict or 'block' the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it. We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Information with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to obtain your Personal Information from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you. We will give you your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object. You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Information, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Information -- unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or
- If we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling. You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your Personal Information, including profiling, which produce a significant legal effect on you, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us, or with your explicit consent. We are not currently processing your Personal Information for such type of automated decision-making, including profiling. However, if we elect to do so in the future, we will provide you with notice and choice, in accordance with EU data protection law.
- Right to withdraw consent. If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing of your data that has already taken place.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority. If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Information, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
We collect information about a Freelancer's work for a Client, including automatically collected information about work on a particular project. We will share the progress information with the relevant Client and with any manager or administrator of any applicable Freelancer Agency. We inform Freelancers each time we capture information for Work Progress.
Freelancers may create a profile, with certain or all information publicly available. Clients and Agencies may also create organization profiles.
You may have the opportunity to create a profile, which consists of information about you, and may include Personal Information, photographs, examples of your work, information on work previously performed via the Service and outside the Service, skills, tests taken, test scores, hourly pay rates and earnings information, feedback/rating information and other information, including your username ("Profile"). The information in your Profile may be visible to all Rally Rockets Users and the general public subject to the privacy choices you make within your Rally Rockets Profile. You may edit certain information in your Profile via your account and may choose to limit who is able to view certain content you post to your Profile. Clients and Agencies of associated individual users or companies may also have the opportunity to create an organization Profile. If, in any case, you believe that an unauthorized profile has been created about you, you can request for it to be removed by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We place a premium on trust in our Service, so we may take steps to verify your identity.
Before a Freelancer can complete the registration on the Service, or at any time thereafter, we may request or re-request identity verification. Without limiting how we request identify verification, we may require Freelancers to participate in a video call after submitting their government issued ID to enable us to confirm that the Freelancer is indeed the individual in the ID. We may record such video calls and take screenshots of the user during the call. Rally Rockets may use the information obtained from Identity Verification for purposes of verifying your identity, enforcing our Terms of Service and other agreements, and preventing fraud.
We may offer public forums or blogs. If you participate, your comments and questions will be publicly displayed.
The Service may provide you with the opportunity to participate and post content publicly in forums, on blogs, through interactive features on Rally Rockets and other communication functionality ("Community Forums"). You may choose, through such features or otherwise, to submit or post questions, comments, or other content (collectively, "User Forum Content"). Please note that certain information, such as your name and Profile may be publicly displayed on the Service along with your User Forum Content. Please note that your use of Community Forums is subject to the Rally Rockets Forum Rules and our Terms of Service.
To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Service, in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project/Job Listings Through the Service
Suppose you choose to post a project/job listing via the Service as a Client. The contents of such listing will be viewable publicly unless you designate the listing as only viewable through the Service or as private using the settings available on the applicable website. Project/Job listings include information such as budget, location, history of project/job listing(s) by the Client, the names of other Freelancers performing work for the Client, Client feedback and rating information and timing of project performance.
We collect feedback from Rally Rockets Users about their experience with other Rally Rockets Users of our Service.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
We use information collected through the Service to provide and improve the Service, process your requests, prevent fraud, provide you with information and advertising that may interest you, comply with the law, and as otherwise permitted with your consent.
WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- To provide and improve the Service, complete your transactions, address your inquiries, process your registration, verify the information you provide is valid, and for compliance and internal business purposes.
- To contact you with administrative communications and Rally Rockets newsletters, marketing or promotional materials (on behalf of Rally Rockets or third parties) and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the instructions in the Your Choices and Rights section, below.
- To tailor the content, we display to you and offers we may present to you, both on the Service and elsewhere online.
- To administer and develop our business relationship with you and, if applicable, the corporation or other legal entity you represent.
- To assess your proposal to perform a freelance project for Rally Rockets and prepare related governmental and internal statistics reports.
- To enforce and comply with the law, including to conduct an investigation; to protect the property and rights of Rally Rockets or a third party; to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be; or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify Rally Rockets Users.
We use your Personal Information for the purposes described above:
- To Honor Our Contractual Commitments to You. Much of our processing of Personal Information is to meet our contractual obligations to our investors or to take steps at Users' request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them.
- For Our Legitimate Interests. In many cases, we handle Personal Information on the grounds that it furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities, such as the following, in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals:
- Providing our Site and Service.
- Analyzing and improving our business.
- Communications, including marketing and responding to your inquiries about our services.
- Addressing information security needs and protecting our Users, Rally Rockets, and others.
- Managing legal issues.
- To Comply with Legal Obligations. We need to use and disclose Personal Information in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
3. DATA RETENTION
Unless you request that we delete certain information (see Your Choices and Rights below), we retain the information you submit to verify your identity for 30 days, and we retain other information we collect for at least 5 years. Your information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time. If you choose to provide us with Personal Information, we encourage you to routinely update the data to ensure that we have accurate and up-to-date information about you.
4. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We may share information about you to provide the Services, for legal and investigative purposes, in connection with sweepstakes and promotions, or if we are part of a merger or acquisition. You have choices as to whether we share your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- Information about Freelancers Shared with Clients, Agencies, Rally Rockets Payroll Vendors, and Partners of The Rally Rockets Foundation Initiative: We share information regarding Freelancers who have entered into a contract with a Client, including information in work progress and work history, with Clients, Agencies and Rally Rockets vendors. Note that if a Freelancer is suspended from the Rally Rockets Service, we may share that information with Clients for whom that Freelancer has worked or submitted proposals for work. We may also share information with Agencies to whom Freelancers are associated with a particular work project. If you choose to view a job post or submit a proposal for work as a Freelancer via the Service, we may share relevant information with the applicable Client(s), including, but not limited to, the information contained in your Profile.
- Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and online advertising, payment processing, fraud detection and improvement of Rally Rockets' features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information in order to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- Legal and Investigative Purposes: Rally Rockets will share information with government agencies as required by law in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements and, including without limitation, in connection with reporting earnings. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose information about you to the government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), or, at the request of governmental authorities or other third parties conducting an investigation where we determine in our sole discretion the disclosure is necessary to (a) protect the property and rights of Rally Rockets or a third party, (b) protect the safety of the public or any person, or (c) prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Internal and Business Transfers: Rally Rockets may share information, including Personal Information, with any current or future subsidiaries or affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes. We may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
- Contests, and Promotions: We may offer contests and other promotions (any, a "Promotion") that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your Personal Information in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion.
5. THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS, AD SERVERS AND SIMILAR THIRD PARTIES
We may work with advertising agencies and vendors who use technology to help us understand how people use our Site. These vendors may use technologies to serve you advertisements that may interest you. You can choose to opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising.
Rally Rockets works with (or may in the future work with) network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers and other vendors to provide us with information regarding traffic on the Service, including pages viewed and the actions taken when visiting the Service. The purpose is to serve our ads on other websites, mobile apps and elsewhere online. Our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to and activity on the Service as well as other websites or services, they may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device (including cookies and web beacons), and may use that information to show you targeted advertisements. Some of these parties may collect Personal Information when you visit the Service or other online websites and services. If you wish to opt-out of interest-based advertising, click here (or if located in the European Union, click here). If you choose to opt-out, please note you will continue to receive generic ads.
While we may use a variety of service providers to perform advertising services, some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") or the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. You may want to visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and the "opt-out" procedures of NAI members. You may also want to visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and offers an "opt-out" by participating companies in the DAA Self-Regulatory Program.
6. YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
You have certain choices regarding how we may communicate with you.
Registered Rally Rockets Users may update their choices regarding the types of communications you receive from us through your online account. You also may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Service via email and other means and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications. You may opt-out of receiving text messages by replying "STOP" to any text message received. Registered Rally Rockets Users who access the Service by using a Rally Rockets mobile application may, with permission, receive push notifications. Similarly, registered Rally Rockets Users who access the Service by using certain desktop browsers may, with permission, receive push notifications. Notification preferences can be modified in the settings menu for the mobile application or the applicable browser.
All Users may request access to or correction of any Personal Information we have about them or close their account and/or request deletion of all Personal Information we have about them. In certain jurisdictions, Users may have certain rights concerning their Personal Information. We will honour User requests to the extent we can reasonably do so and as required by law, but some information will remain on the Services, such as information you posted publicly.
Upon request Rally Rockets will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by making updates to that information or by contacting Rally Rockets through your online account. If you request to access all personal information you've submitted, we will respond to your request to access within 30 days or as otherwise required by law. If your information is deleted, then your account may become deactivated. If your account is deactivated or you ask to close your account, you will no longer be able to use the Service. If you would like to close your account in our system, you can do so through the Rally Rockets Service (once you have logged in, visit settings/user settings, and then click on the close my account link).
Depending on where you are located, you may have certain rights concerning your Personal Information. For example, suppose you are located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), in addition to the rights described above. In that case, you may contact us at the contact information provided below to (1) request a restriction on the processing of your Personal Information, (2) object to the processing of your Personal Information, or (3) exercise other rights concerning your Personal Information. While we strongly encourage you to first raise any questions or concerns about your Personal Information directly with us, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority and to seek a judicial remedy.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honour your deletion requests; however, certain information will actively persist on the Service even if you close your account, including information in your Work Progress and messages you posted to the Service. In addition, the rights described above may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, or if you ask us to delete the information we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping (such as for fraud prevention purposes). Your Personal Information may remain in our archives and information you update or delete, or information within a closed account may persist internally for our administrative purposes, to the extent permitted by law. Also, we typically will not remove information you posted publicly through or on the Service. Bear in mind that neither you nor Rally Rockets can delete all copies of information that has been previously shared with others on the Service.
We take several steps to protect your data, but no security is guaranteed.
Rally Rockets takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about Rally Rockets Users. All access to the Site is encrypted using industry-standard transport layer security technology ("TLS"). When you enter sensitive information (such as tax identification number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology ("SSL"). We also use HTTP strict transport security to add an additional layer of protection for our Rally Rockets Users. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Thus, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, Rally Rockets cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
8. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
9. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Service contains links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party's website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
10. PUBLIC PROFILE
The Profile you create on our Site will be publicly accessible unless otherwise indicated. You may change the privacy settings of your Profile through your account portal.
Phishing websites imitate legitimate websites to obtain personal or financial information. Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to Rally Rockets. Also, if you believe you have received an email or had a similar interaction with a third party pretending to be Rally Rockets, please report it at email@example.com.
12. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
13. CONTACTING US
Note that we combine the information we collect from you from the Site, through the Service generally, or offline.